Questions to Ask About Clinical Trials
Asking your doctor and medical team questions about clinical trials is a helpful way to decide if they are a good fit for you. You may already have some in mind, but a few basic questions to ask and get answered before making a decision are:
- Do you know of any clinical trials for my type and stage of lung cancer?
- What are the benefits and risks of this clinical trial?
- What are the eligibility guidelines?
- How long does the study last?
- Will you still be in charge of my care?
- What are the costs, and what will my insurance cover?
- Are there other people I can talk to about this study, or a place I can learn more about it?